Description and scope of the Project
Phidias HPC is aimed at developing a consolidated and shared HPC and Data service by building on pre-existing and emerging infrastructure in order to create a federation of "user to infrastructure" services.
To achieve its purpose and to gain a comprehensive picture of the European infrastructure landscape, three data area tests will develop and provide new services to discover, manage and process spatial and environmental data produced by research communities tackling scientific challenges such as atmospheric, marine and earth observation issues.
Webinar: How to improve the cloud services for marine data
Observing the ocean is challenging: missions at sea are costly, different scales of processes interact, and the conditions are constantly changing, which is why scientists say that "a measurement not made today is lost forever". For these reasons, it is fundamental to properly store both the data and metadata, so that their access can be guaranteed for the widest community, in line with the FAIR principles: Findable, Accessible, Inter-operable and Reusable.
PHIDIAS HPC has organised a webinar entitled "PHIDIAS: Boosting the use of cloud services for marine data management, services and processing" to be held on 4th June 2020 at 11 AM CEST. The webinar aims to introduce the Phidias HPC initiative, in collaboration with the Blue-Cloud project, to the European HPC and Research community, specifically in the Blue economy, to improve the use of
1. Cloud services for marine data management,
2. Data services to the user in a FAIR perspective, and
3. Data processing on demand.
These objectives will be pursued in coherence with the development of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and the Copernicus Data and Information Access Services (DIAS).
Registration: The webinar is free of charge.
REGISTER NOW! https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_pjdkr6ANQBi3ami5JndGVA
We are inviting
- Big Data and HPC communities
- Scientific Communities (specifically within Earth Science, Atmosphere and Oceans domains)
- People who work on ocean and marine initiatives and projects
- Research infrastructure staff, repository managers, university administration, scientific communities, researchers.
By participating you will be able to:
- Understand better how to improve the long-term stewardship of marine in-situ data
- Discovering the benefits of Standardised Data/HPC services for marine study
- Improving data storage for services to users
- Allowing marine data processing workflows for on-demand processing
- Enabling Open Access to HPC services
- Keeping abreast with the current status of the European Blue Economy and HPC ecosystem
An exciting agenda is prepared for all the attendees; see the full agenda at https://www.phidias-hpc.eu/events/webinars/phidias-boosting-use-cloud-services-marine-data-management-services-and-processing
PHIDIAS, funded by the European Union's Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) under the CEF-TC- 2018-5: Public Open Data Programme, is carried out by a committed, competent and complementary Consortium of 13 partners from 5 European Countries, led by CINES (France).
www.phidias-hpc.eu | www.linkedin.com/company/phidias-hpc | @PhidiasHpc
HPC, FAIRdata, e-Infrastructure European Data Infrastructure, supercomputing, Ocean, EOSC, earth observation