CAST Virtual Hackathon aims at tackling the current challenges at local, regional or European level and identifying effective answers to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic poses to the tourism sector.
CAST is consequently seeking innovative proposals addressing the most urgent challenges created by COVID-19 in the field of tourism. In this framework we will be focusing on two main challenges:
Challenge 1: Business continuity in tourism sector
- New products and services ideas to enable the business continuity in tourism sector
- Some non-exhaustive examples of research solutions can be found below
- Solutions for restarting tourism operations (i.e. protocols aligned with health authority guidelines, social distancing measures, adequate space to avoid congregation of guests)
- Solutions designed to ensure responsible and secure tourism experience (i.e. minimise touch contact by digitising guest services, provide hand sanitiser dispensers, etc.)
- Solutions aiming at building trust and confidence for travellers
Challenge 2: New sustainable business models
Rethink the current business models and identify new ideas to create, deliver, and capture value related to tourism.
- Solutions aiming to create better strategic connections between public and private sector (which economic model, which founders, which key actors and stakeholders)
- Solutions of communicating about tourism opportunities to main customers and decision-makers while building new growth engines for tourism sector
PROGRAMME --> https://castnetwork.eu/events/Qbd4NJ8wiQHjcxm6WqMN
APPLY AT --> https://www.f6s.com/castvirtualhackathon/apply
The Hackathon is organised by EBN (https://ebn.eu) in collaboration with Creative Business Network (https://cbnet.com/) and WestBIC (https://www.westbic.ie/) during the Bright Week. Participation in the CAST Hackathon is free of charge. The participants registered to the CAST Hackathon will obtain a free access ticket to all the sessions and meetings organised during the Bright week.
CAST (https://castnetwork.eu/) is a 3-year collaborative project co-funded by the COSME programme of the European Commission under GA n.806917. CAST started in July 2018 developing a network of incubators & accelerators, startups, SMEs and financiers to form a European community committed to promoting knowledge-sharing, the use of technology and collaboration across borders for sustainable tourism, while helping the companies address common challenges.
The participants registered to the CAST Hackathon will obtain a free access ticket to all the sessions and meetings organised during the Bright Week.
sustainable, tourism, hackathon, startup