ESARDA annual meeting, Vilnius, Lithuania
The European Safeguards Research and Development Association (ESARDA) has scheduled its 31st annual meeting for 26 to 28 May in Vilnius, Lithuania.
This year's meeting will be a symposium on 'Safeguards and nuclear material management', giving an opportunity for research organisations, safeguards authorities and nuclear plant operators to exchange information on new aspects of international safeguards and non-proliferation, recent developments in safeguards-related research activities, and their implications for the safeguards community.
Sessions will be dedicated to a variety of topics, including some of the following:
- safeguards concepts;
- nuclear safeguards implementation- experience, evaluation and plant specific experience in techniques, inspections and operations;
- experience in the implementation of strengthened safeguards systems and integrated safeguards;
- applications of GPS, GIS and information security;
- synergies with other verification regimes;
- knowledge management issues, including public information;
- non-proliferation and future issues;
- export-import control;
- containment and surveillance methods and techniques- interface between safeguards and protection methods;
- data and information evaluation methodology, remote monitoring and secure data transmission;
- integrated measurement and monitoring systems.For further information, please click: