'Moving toward multi-scientific knowledge for sustainable future', Johor Bahru, Malaysia
An event entitled 'Moving toward multi-scientific knowledge for sustainable future' will take place from 14 to 16 November 2012 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Marine ecosystems are areas that support high biological diversity. They have been overexploited in recent years due to intensive development activities such as fisheries, new township, tourism and transportation. They are also vulnerable to global change as a consequence of the direct (physical disturbance, pollution) and indirect (climate) effects.
The event will be an opportunity for researchers, postgraduates, scientists, government and non-government organisations to present, discuss and disseminate their findings pertaining to the sustainability of and threats to marine ecosystems. Topics will include:
- various aspect of biodiversity resources;
- climate change and environmental impacts;
- technology and innovation;
- sustainable management;
- economy and social concerns;
- health and risk.For further information, please visit: http://www.ukm.my/juneng/incomes2012/