'European climate change adaptation conference', Hamburg, Germany
An event entitled 'European climate change adaptation conference' will take place from 18 to 20 March 2013 in Hamburg, Germany.
European research, supported by EU Framework Programmes, has played a leading role in expanding the understanding of climate impacts, vulnerability and adaptation. At the same time, policymakers, businesses, NGOs and people at the European, national and local levels have been active on the issue of climate adaptation.
The event will cover a broad range of issues related to climate change adaptation, placing a great emphasis on understanding and assessing adaptation in action under the theme integrating climate into action. Specific topics will include:
- climate vulnerability assessment;
- risk assessment;
- economics of adaptation;
- decision-making under uncertainty;
- governance of adaptation;
- adaptation strategies and planning;
- mainstreaming climate adaptation;
- adaptation cases studies: organisational, sectoral and regional;
- monitoring and measuring adaptation;
- impact and effectiveness studies;
- role of tools and knowledge in adaptation;
- communicating impacts, vulnerability and adaptation.
The conference is being co-sponsored by four EU-supported projects: 'European responses to climate change' (RESPONSES), 'Climate change integrated assessment methodology for cross-sectoral adaptation and vulnerability in Europe' (CLIMSAVE), 'Methodology for effective decision-making on impacts and adaptation' (MEDIATION), and 'Economics of climate change' (CLIMATE COST).For further information, please visit: http://eccaconf.eu/index.php/page/ECCA
For more information on the projects, please consult:
- RESPONSES- http://www.responsesproject.eu/
- CLIMSAVE- http://www.climsave.eu/climsave/index.html
- MEDIATION - http://mediation-project.eu/
- CLIMATE COST- http://www.climatecost.cc/