Third IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation, Birmingham, UK
The Third IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation will take place from 10 to 12 September 2012 in Birmingham, UK.
Numerical linear algebra is the study of algorithms used to perform linear algebra computations - most notably matrix operations - on computers. It is often key to solving engineering and computer science issues, since most software relies heavily on the development, analysis, and implementation of state-of-the-art algorithms.
The conference will bring together researchers to share opinions on the latest research trends in this field. Session topics will include:
- direct and iterative methods for large sparse linear systems;
- eigenvalue computation and optimisation;
- large-scale nonlinear and semi-definite programming;
- effect of round-off errors, stopping criteria, embedded iterative procedures;
- optimisation issues for matrix polynomials;
- fast matrix computations;
- compressed/sparse sensing;
- PDE-constrained optimisation;
- applications and real time optimisation.For further information, please visit: