MOSQUITO's vision is that mobile workers have secure, trusted and ubiquitous access to business applications. The project will provide the technical infrastructure required so that workers and their clients can perform daily business processes collaboratively and safely according to determined security policies. Networks have tremendously evolved in terms of wireless technology and mobility, but business application and service support have lagged behind.
MOSQUITO will enhance this by delivering solutions and technologies that:
- provide a security framework for taking advantage of developments in security for applications, services and devices;
- improve trust relationships and their set-up across multiple domains;
- enable interoperability of applications including underlying services that run on various hardware and software platforms;
- build context-sensitivity into networks and applications to facilitate security policy enforcement; and
- implement a service mediation infrastructure for building secure business applications.
Mobile workers will be enabled to perform business tasks in arbitrary environments - devices, networks, and domains - as well as with any users - with or without pre-established trust levels. Set-up of devices and environment will be done transparently but will remain controlled by policies defined in respective domains. The project's contributions will enable innovative applications, ambient security services and context-sensitive service provisioning.
The technologies being developed include an open architecture for ambient security services, and a service mediation infrastructure that provides for interoperability of said applications and services. MOSQUITO technologies thus offer capabilities to self-configure devices, security credentials and attributes, trusted context information provider services, and context-sensitive security policy enforcement. MOSQUITO will develop business applications to validate its solutions.
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
2628 VK Delft
76829 Landau In Der Pfalz