The Era Pilot MiNa TSI will network national and European entities supporting systems integration related to micro and nanotechnologies. The partners therefore are organisations and initiatives designing policies and/or running programmes in this sector incl. the EUREKA clusters EURIMUS and PIDEA. National ministries represent the member states' interests in the project Board. The Commission as one main policy actor in this area will also be involved.
There is the necessity to transform an unsteady and irregular dialogue between the national and European programmes into a solid platform on which those responsible for research management establish mechanisms in order to reach higher efficiency of research and to transform technological excellence into economic and social achievements. The project will therefore establish a formal dialogue between the institutional entities involved in promoting MNT systems integration aspects in Europe.
The project will include the following aspects:
- Exchange and communication on funding/policy approaches in Europe will be established.
- Common actions will be defined as results of the process (e.g. an output could consist of a industry driven Policy Initiative)
- Along technology roadmaps future R&D policy requirements will be defined
- Policy/funding concepts will be developed
- A commitment will be reached on the "division of labour" among national programmes, EUREKA initiatives and FP activities.
The Era Pilot will contribute to the creation of the ERA in realising a co-ordinated and concerted, better structured and more coherent policy related to MNT Systems Integration in Europe. It is the project's objective to optimise the allocation of resources, creating synergies and complementarities among the various entities funding/financing RTD and avoiding incongruities of policy efforts in Europe. The envisaged results will contribute to consolidate the leading position and competitiveness of European industry in the MNT area.
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action
75015 Paris Cedex 15
CSP 12 Bighi Kalkara
61500 Tel Aviv
15310 Aghia Paraskevi Attikis