TENCompetence will support individuals, groups and organisations in Europe in lifelong competence development by establishing the most appropriate technical and organizational infrastructure, using open-source, standards-based, sustainable and innovative technology.
To this end TENCompetence will conduct RTD activities to further develop and integrate models and tools in four specific areas: the creation, storage and exchange of:
- knowledge resources,
- learning activities and units of learning,
- competence development programmes and
- network data for lifelong competence development.
This will result in:
- New innovative pedagogical approaches, assessment models and organisational models for lifelong competence development, supported by the TENCompetence technical and organizational infrastructure.
- Software for the effective support of users who create, store, use and exchange knowledge resources, learning activities, units of learning, competence development programmes and networks for lifelong competence development.
- Integration of the isolated models and tools for competence development into a common framework.
The consortium will conduct pilots in digital cinema, for health workers, competence development in water management and city-wide contexts. It will disseminate its products widely and for free, using open source and creative commons licences; develop new business models for companies active in publishing, training provision, education, HRM and technology support; train associated partners, and especially SMEs, to deliver these services; and develop at least three new specifications for standardisation.
The TENCompetence infrastructure can provide a tremendous push towards further integration and collaboration in support of the European knowledge society. It can be used at all levels of learning: primary, secondary and tertiary education; continuing education, adult and company training and other informal learning.
Fields of science
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project
77305 Fontainebleau Cedex
3531 AH Utrecht
BL3 5AB Bolton