REACT aims at reducing risks to citizens and the environment by enhancing the interactivity of citizens with Emergency Services and by providing added value to integrated information coming from disparate sources.
- capture more of the information available from callers and automatic systems;
- complement the data with associated services able to semantically analyse and cluster environmental and crisis management information;
- make data available to PSAP operators through a GIS-based interface;
- allow the definition of operative scenarios to be used for an early identification of events and associated evolution patterns.
REACT will support existing emergency systems by providing an interoperable multimedia Enhanced Emergency Call Service, that would operate on an everyday basis and deal with the small to mid size incidents, that unless properly handled and coordinated, could escalate in scale.
The key contributions of REACT to the current emergency control services will be:
- Integration of the emergency caller location featured by the E112 and eCall;
- Call clustering and prioritisation through semantic, time, location - leading to clearer decision making and support (4D GIS);
- Automatic identification of keywords from the PSAP operator speaking supporting the filling of a job description form for starting the emergency call workflow;
- Interoperability across call centres and emergency services as REACT presents an XML GIS-based data store accessible using secure Web Services.
REACT will normalize warnings from various sources, allowing their aggregation and analysis so that additional knowledge can be extracted and presented to the PSAP operator as an aid to situational awareness, pattern detection and dispatching of resources.
The project includes demonstration in three pilot PSAPs across Europe (Italy, UK, Germany), where the developed platform will be used in combination with the existing infrastructures and procedures.
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
HP2 7HU Hemel Hempstead
OX1 2ET Oxford
5000 Nova Gorica
BN7 1UN Lewes