3S will support the goals of the IST Priority in developing Joint European Strategy for R and D and Industry in the Software & Services field until year 2020, pushing the EU to a competitive position worldwide by identifying strategies and technologies that will facilitate future developments and reduce fragmentation through the fusion of different scientific and industrial communities and build consensus through network.
The main objectives of 3S are to:
1. Create Technology Roadmaps concerning S and S based on the information gathered via the active community through Technology Watch and Business Intelligence.
2. Deliver two interactive workshops involving international experts forecasting the necessary steps towards achieving specific technology goals; contents will integrate the 3S 2020 joint European strategy.
3. Identify technological trends/needs and develop and integrate them into the current and future S and S environment.
4. Publish two state-of-the-art reports in S and S, and two comparative reports on European S and S industry applications and markets.
5. Identify potential research areas related to S and S looking towards FP7 and national and regional RTD programmes.
The results of 3S will be to:
- Promote exploitation of S and S enabling the diffusion of technology results and innovations built on the project and through the 3S International Conference.
- Develop and implement "3S 2020" into programmes and enable synergies with industry and research linked organisations.
Dissemination and sustainability of results of the project will be assured through the creation of an annual International Conference. A permanent Website communication platform will serve as a network for all stakeholders within the S and S-scene, providing a foundation for further co-operation and encouraging support in research and innovation and information exchange for those dealing with research policies in S and S on a European and non-Euro level.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/business intelligence
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
67-33 Bucuresti 5
20063 Cernusco Sul Naviglio