A smart non-wearable device for health monitoring in the elderly
Diabetes mellitus and congestive heart failure are frequent conditions in the elderly population. Especially elderly citizens living alone require frequent monitoring of vital signs to ensure appropriate health care and management. The EU-funded EarlyCare project is working on an innovative unobtrusive, non-wearable device that analyses signs such as urinary frequency and breathlessness that people often do not pay the necessary attention to. This smart device will be part of an IoT solution for the healthcare of senior citizens. The ultimate goal of the project is to promote healthy ageing and reduce the need for caregivers, offering the elderly a much-desired independence.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligence
- medical and health scienceshealth scienceshealth care serviceseHealth
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecardiologycardiovascular diseasescardiac arrhythmia
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicineendocrinologydiabetes
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors