The objectives of this project proposal are to develop computational tools to assess the
cerebrovascular health and early detection of cognitive diseases. Furthermore, the
prognosis of the disease after the diagnosis is another objective of this proposal.
To achieve the objectives, imaging modalities and simulation tools will be used together.
Data from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)/computer tomography (CT)/ultrasound (US)
will be interpreted to obtain information about the tissue and flow and geometry.
Computational simulation tools will be used generate detailed hemodynamic data and
derive abstract indices. All these indices and imaging data will be combined to correlate
them to the disease characteristics.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesmathematicspure mathematicsgeometry
- engineering and technologymedical engineeringdiagnostic imagingmagnetic resonance imaging
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learning
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwaresoftware applicationssimulation software
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesacousticsultrasound