The aim of the proposal is to develop a tool, which can identify opportunities and barriers in achieving a modal shift in freight transport. Application of the tool will contribute to the promotion of intermodal transport and to a better alignment of intermodal services with supply chain requirements.
The objectives of SPIN are:
- To develop a toolbox to be applied on business and on region level, to assess and demonstrate the potential of intermodal transport for various user groups;
- To practically test and evaluate the toolbox by means of in depth case-studies in various businesses and Member States;
- To gain insight on the impact of a modal shift on supply chains;
- To gain insight on the potential for modal shift on EU- level;
- To provide wide access to the scanning tool by means of a Web-based installation.
Call for proposal
Third Call - GR
See other projects for this call
Villers En Lieu