The general aim of the proposed project is the application of the SODAR technique (SODAR = sound detection and ranging) for reliable wind speed measurements in relation to the operating characteristics of large wind turbines.
The main objectives of this project are:
- To establish if and how a SODAR can be calibrated.
- To establish the operational characteristics of SODAR.
- To establish a general filtering technique for detection and treatment of unreliable data.
- To test SODAR measurements in difficult circumstances such as offshore and complex terrain.
- To carry out a power performance measurement with SODAR including a good uncertainty analysis.
- To quantify the effects of vibrations in supporting structures and increased background noise on offshore SODAR measurements and evaluate long term (6 months ) offshore measurements.
- To detect oncoming gusts with SODAR.
- To simplify operation at remote sites.
Call for proposal
Fifth Energie C
See other projects for this call