The societal need for a transport infrastructure based upon the availability of safe, fuel-efficient and environmental-friendly cars is clearly recognized by the European citizens and the European Commission. The fulfillment of this ambition is not to be taken for granted, as it requires the development of a host of automotive technologies, systems, software and tools. It is the objective of this project to create an integrated automotive control platform, enabled by breakthroughs in the areas of efficient fuel consumption, reduced CO2 emission and safe driving, to be achieved by the development of nanoelectronic components, subsystems and architectures.
The project goals are in line with the targets defined in the ENIAC Strategic Research Agenda. The target parameters for 2011 are the following:
• A reduction of the annual socio-economic costs caused by road accidents by 1-2% (of an estimated € 200B in Europe).
• An improvement of fuel consumption efficiency by 5-10%.
• A reduction of CO2 emission by 9% (in line with –30% reduction in 2020).
The project work plan is subdivided in the following workpackages:
• The definition of carriers and specifications
• The design and development of optimized control systems.
• The development of novel automotive process technologies and their integration into (sub)systems.
• Design for reliability, test and yield
• Prototyping and functional verification of the project objectives.
• The dissemination of project results, and the release of the project deliverables.
The project will be executed by a consortium incorporating the major European industrial, institutional and academic players in the field of R&D and innovation for automotive applications. It has 48 partners, located in 10 European companies. As such, it constitutes a new globally competitive team with the best qualifications for the job.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call