This project builds on the results achieved in the definition phase of ESPRIT project 2032, CIM-ALIVE. The main goals of the project are to:
- develop concepts and experiences by implementations of CIM support systems in operational environments
- make available the concepts and experiences gained in this project to European industry by developing a methodology for the introduction of CIM systems.
The partners believe that the methodology of progressing towards an integrated manufacturing environment has largely been neglected, with most of the emphasis being placed on the problems of technology. This project will therefore concentrate on defining this methodology.
The enterprise functions that are to be integrated have been chosen from different types of industry:
- Capacity industry, covering the product life-cycle from design evaluation to product delivery, with the accent on the job-shop like manufacturing process. The Philips RTC factory (PCB bare board manufacturing) in Evreux, France is the implementation site.
- Capacity design and manufacturing industry, covering the complete product life-cycle from customer requirement to product repair and maintenance. The implementation is carried out by GEC-Marconi in their low volume, high value design and production process of complex systems.
- Product industry, covering the product life-cycle from design to product delivery (to stock). The accent here is on automated product assembly. The Carlo Gavazzi Systems factory (high-volume control equipment parts assembly) is the implementation site.
WD6 1RX Borehamwood
5600 MD Eindhoven
2501BD 'S Gravenhagen