- To achieve a threefold improvement in test throughput with corresponding cost reductions.
- To achieve easy transfer of results from design verification to production test.
- To integrate a more user-friendly testing environment.
- To adapt the prototype tool to the user needs.
- To increase the vendor confidence in the market for the tool.
- To disseminate the results throughout the community.
HEARMASTER is a Demonstration Project which demonstrates the introduction of advanced mixed-signal test techniques and tools in a leading manufacturing company of hearing aids. By introducing modern Digital Signal Processing (DSP) test techniques the envisaged improvement in throughput during testing can be increased threefold compared with the existing system for test. To cater for such improvements a certain amount of tailoring will be needed to comply with the demands of the user.