- A common technology base and manufacturing standard for LTCC-MCMs in Europe is to be developed.
- In order to demonstrate to the user early in the development stage whether design can be realised and functional requirements fulfilled, fast prototyping will be established.
- Materials sets will be improved and process sequences optimised in order to achieve robust and reliable structures. As a subsequent step, embedded substrate components, mixed-chip assembly and optimum module packaging will be demonstrated.
- LTCC structures with specific thermal, mechanical and electrical requirements will be modelled and verified to facilitate the definition of design ground rules taking into consideration European EMC standards.
- In order to achieve high manufacturing cost effectiveness, a standard size concept will be established dependant on user requirements. The flexibility of LTCC technology will be enhanced through a multisize concept and the production capacity increased through new tooling concepts.
CERTAA aims to enhance state-of-the-art packaging technology currently used in automotive applications. To this end, a volume manufacturing base for LTCC-MCMs is to be established where the advantages of LTCC packaging technology will be combined with hybrid technology. In order to accelerate the uptake of this new technology for automotive applications, users and suppliers will collaborate in the specification, design, building and testing of functional demonstrators. The main challenges to be met are enhancement of system integration, reliability in harsh environments and cost-competitiveness.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
B91 3TX Solihull