Building on the success of FP6 projects, in particular the GREAT project, GRAMMAR seeks to address the mass market receiver by extending the current state-of-the-art technologies for the mass market segment.
Specifically, we are addressing the following gaps identified as obstacles for producing high-quality mass market receivers:
• No economic solutions for accurate dual-frequency RF and baseband hardware
• No existing GPS/GALILEO receiver solutions
• Poor robustness and location availability in indoor and urban environments
The goals of GRAMMAR’s technical work are:
• The development of a hardware prototype for a mass market receiver using a single chip dual frequency receiver and an FPGA based baseband allowing for rapid prototyping of advanced algorithms and techniques.
• The identification, evaluation and simulation of enhanced algorithm concepts for next generation mass market receivers.
We aim to produce functional prototypes of the receiver and its components, enabling practical testing and demonstration at the completion of the project.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call