The strong effort that the European Commission and all the Member States are paying to the reduction of road fatalities in Europe is giving significant results. Despite these significant improvement in the European countries, the situation in Emerging Economies is dramatically getting worse.
The implementation of effective countermeasures and the achievement of a higher safety level for the vulnerable users in Emerging Economies requests a significant improvement of the local analysis, planning and design capabilities.
The main aim of the project is to increase the level of safety of the whole road transport system and its components, focussing the attention on vulnerable road users, thus contributing to the overall scope of reducing the number of fatalities and the severity of injuries caused by road accidents. The proposal is structured according to the following method:
• Analysis of local requirements: this action focuses on the local accident databases regarding vulnerable road users, the actual situation of road infrastructure, land-use planning and local current road safety management procedures.
• Analysis of the transferability conditions of the European methodologies, tools and measures to the Emerging Economies.
• Definition of suitable measures, methodologies and tools to improve vulnerable road users safety planning and managing in Emerging Economies.
• Development of recommendations and guidelines for the road system infrastructure design to safely carry vulnerable road users and motorised vehicles in Emerging Economies.
• Pilot projects, dissemination and training to decision makers, stakeholders, etc.
The main output of the project will be recommendations and guidelines for improvement of accident data collection procedures and road safety oriented land-use planning as well as education material.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP-SICA - Collaborative project for specific cooperation actions dedicated to international cooperation partner countries (SICA)
09020-230 Santo Andre