Institute for Medical Research (IMR), Belgrade, Serbia is a national leading centre in biomedical research. One of its major areas of expertise is establishment, development, standardization and implementation of new diagnostic and therapeutical approaches in combating various diseases. Malignancies are one the major causes of mortality in Serbia with the increasing trend. It is proposed here that IMRs' accumulated knowledge and experience, further reinforced through specific support actions (thematic priority 1. of FP6 - Life sciences, Genomics and Biotechnology for Health and FP6-2004-INCO-WBC/SSA ), is used in combating with this dramatic trend, by implementation of up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic products and procedures.
The above mission requires engagement of various experts in basic research, laboratory practice and clinics. Therefore mobilization of the critical human and material recourses in Serbia, as well as networking with other EU research centres will be accomplished. Both, visits by distinguished experts in health care and biotechnology from EU, as well as training of Serbian researchers in EU centers are planned. In order to reach EU medical diagnostic and therapeutic standards, IMR S&T capacities will be reinforced by availability of modern equipment. This project will attract the best young researchers and create new jobs.
Field of science
- /medical and health sciences/medical biotechnology/genetic engineering
- /medical and health sciences/health sciences/public and environmental health
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/medical genetics
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/genetics and heredity
- /social sciences/political science/public administration/bureaucracy
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/molecular biology/molecular genetics
- /social sciences/sociology/demography/mortality
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/nuclear energy
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/cancer/breast cancer
- /social sciences/political science/government systems
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/cancer/leukemia
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call