Institute for Medical Research (IMR), Belgrade, Serbia is a national leading centre in biomedical research. One of its major areas of expertise is establishment, development, standardization and implementation of new diagnostic and therapeutical approaches in combating various diseases. Malignancies are one the major causes of mortality in Serbia with the increasing trend. It is proposed here that IMRs' accumulated knowledge and experience, further reinforced through specific support actions (thematic priority 1. of FP6 - Life sciences, Genomics and Biotechnology for Health and FP6-2004-INCO-WBC/SSA ), is used in combating with this dramatic trend, by implementation of up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic products and procedures.
The above mission requires engagement of various experts in basic research, laboratory practice and clinics. Therefore mobilization of the critical human and material recourses in Serbia, as well as networking with other EU research centres will be accomplished. Both, visits by distinguished experts in health care and biotechnology from EU, as well as training of Serbian researchers in EU centers are planned. In order to reach EU medical diagnostic and therapeutic standards, IMR S&T capacities will be reinforced by availability of modern equipment. This project will attract the best young researchers and create new jobs.
Fields of science
- medical and health sciencesmedical biotechnologygenetic engineering
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencespublic and environmental health
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicinemedical genetics
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesgenetics and heredity
- social sciencespolitical sciencepublic administrationbureaucracy
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesmolecular biologymolecular genetics
- social sciencessociologydemographymortality
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsnuclear energy
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecancerbreast cancer
- social sciencespolitical sciencegovernment systems
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecancerleukemia
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call