The THEBERA project aims at strengthening capacities of the Theodor Bilharz Research Institute (TBRI) in Egypt while realizing it as an international excellence and reference centre for liver diseases and Hepatic surgery excellence by defining liver research priorities to respond to socio-economic needs, facilitating participation in European liver research initiatives and inclusion in Euro-Mediterranean Research and Innovation Area.
The specific objectives of THEBERA project are:
- TBRI’s Cooperation Capacities Reinforcement
- Liver-Related Research Results Dissemination
- Internationalization and Coordination between Research and Business Sectors
- Enhancement of EU-Egypt S&T Partnerships in Liver Research
- Capacity Building for Cooperation
- Developing THEBERA Centre’s Strategy
The project thus addresses current Work Programme for International Cooperation to reinforce the cooperation capacities of research centres located in the ENP countries and contributes to the European international co-operation in science and technology strategy implementation, while strengthening the international dimension of the ERA and improving the framework conditions for international S&T cooperation.
The main impact of THEBERA will be increased capacities of the TBRI and the structuring and enhancement of the existing EU-EG support system in the domain of Liver S&T cooperation in a threefold manner: (i) by supporting the participation of Egypt in the FP7 in liver research area, (ii) combining all relevant support schemes, and (iii) facilitating both the uptake of common identified liver research areas and the monitoring of the performance and impacts of this cooperation.
The THEBERA consortium brings together 4 Egyptian and EU organisations representing a well-defined mix of competencies and expertise.
- /ciencias médicas y de la salud/medicina clínica/cirugía
- /ciencias sociales/economía y empresa
Convocatoria de propuestas
Consulte otros proyectos de esta convocatoria