Vision: The vision behind I3CON is to enable the transformation towards a European construction industry delivering Industrially produced, Integrated and Intelligent building systems that provide high performance spaces to building-users. I3CON's objective-driven approach: a new approach for industrialised production of building components with integrated services and intelligence will be created. These building components will be multifunctional, efficient, sustainable, reusable, interoperable and user friendly.
The underlying new business model will shift current working practices from custom designed and craft made delivery to industrial production. The new business processes will create lifecycle value to building-users. Ultra high performance buildings will be delivered 50% faster and 25% cheaper, with lifecycle cost reductions of #gt; 40% and savings in repair and maintenance in excess of 70% together with enhanced comfort and security.
- Creation of a customer- and value-driven business model,
- Industrialisation of construction and building lifetime processes,
- Fully integrated smart systems and cross-system functionality,
- A virtual building model for collaborative building engineering
- Delivery of high performance spaces to building users
- Branding of components and systems
- Self-optimisation of life-cycle services and components
- Step reduction in energy consumption and waste production Support through integration and further development of innovative technologies, intelligent materials and smart components interacting in distributed networks.
Through the involvement of leading system integrators, suppliers, manufacturers and construction industry working together with building users in three different sector (Industry, Office-buildings and Public buildings) the IP project form is appropriate to create impact towards a considerable reduction of time and cost.
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project