The overall objective is to develop sustainable drive train topologies including control concepts for inherently safe electric vehicle power-train. The project focuses on significant steps ahead in terms of:
1. Development of smart electrical power-train concepts comprising high efficiency torque dense motors fully integrated with power converters and storage systems for modularity, compactness reliability and low cost.
2. Novel electrical machine topologies involving the use of soft magnetic composites and power electronics packaging and cooling systems suitable for in-motor integration. These will allow the implementation of innovative industrial processes for the manufacturing of lightweight low cost electrical drives.
3. Innovative drive train architecture and microcontroller concepts capable of achieving intrinsic fail-safe behaviour of the power-train thus enhancing the overall reliability and safety.
The project will address the research on Power and high voltage electronics and smart miniaturized systems up to the subsystems, systems and vehicle demonstrators, encompassing the full supply chain of electric drives for EVs.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/electric vehicles
- /natural sciences/mathematics/pure mathematics/topology
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeJTI-CP-ENIAC - Joint Technology Initiatives - Collaborative Project (ENIAC)
40037 Sasso Marconi
GU14 0LX Farnborough