The FACCE (Agriculture, Food Security, and Climate Change) CSA will prepare and support the successful development of FACCE JPI and deliver strong foundations designed to insure long term durability and a strong impulse to allow a rapid start to Joint Programming and Joint actions.
The FACCE CSA will:
- Define the research priorities in terms of research pillars as well as agendas based on foresight and a common understanding of the challenges ahead
- Finely map the European research in the agreed prioritised areas and develop a catalogue of joint actions, options for the pooling of national expertise and resources and initiate closer and robust collaboration among the participating states of FACCE JPI in agriculture, food security and climate change
- Share knowledge, know-how as well as equipment and existing research infrastructures and/or develop new facilities
- Promote the CSA through communication actions with stakeholders as well as other relevant initiatives at the national, transnational, European and international levels
- Coordinate and develop FACCE relationships with other relevant international initiatives
- Ensure the long term viability of the FACCE JPI by designing and implementing the JPI permanent governance, management structure and long-term financial continuity, beyond the CSA
- Ensure project monitoring and consortium coordination according to contractual obligations and the needs of the JPI governance.
It is thus expected that the FACCE CSA, through its support to the FACCE JPI, will permit significant advances in the coordination and cooperation between national programmes on the challenge of agriculture, food security and climate change and that will contribute to the building of the European Research Area.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/other engineering and technologies/food and beverages/food safety
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture
- /social sciences/sociology/governance
- /natural sciences/earth and related environmental sciences/atmospheric sciences/climatology/climatic changes
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions
SN2 1UH Swindon
2595 AC The Hague