TACTICS seamlessly integrates new research results in the area of behaviour analysis, characteristics of the possible urban-based targets and situational awareness into a decision making framework comprising of a coherent set of tools and related processes, supporting security forces in responding more efficiently and effective to a given threat in order to actually prevent the attack or to limit its consequences.
TACTICS will reach this goal by:
• Improving preparedness of security forces by decomposing threats into observable terrorist
behaviours specific for urban environments.
• Improving the capabilities at security forces’ disposal by improving their management,
efficiency and their cooperation in urban environments.
• Making security forces capable of responding quicker, without being biased in decision
making and to be more precise in the kind of information they request and the orders they
send out by providing expert knowledge at the fingertips of the professionals of the security
services at the time of an actual threat in urban environments.
• Facilitating a cross-European approach by offering a 3-levelled strategy on the tactical,
operational and strategic level.
All that is developed and disseminated within TACTICS will be handled with the utmost care and
during the whole project special attention will be paid to legal requirements and democratic and
Field of science
- /humanities/philosophy, ethics and religion/ethics/ethical principles
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP-FP - Small or medium-scale focused research project
CB4 1YG Cambridge Cambridgeshire
2511CR Den Haag