The successful implementation and evolution of the EU GNSS Programmes requires a continuous involvement of users. This also ensures that user needs are fully taken into account when developing applications, helps promoting EU GNSS technology and fosters related business development.
To that aim, SUNRISE proposes to establish User Fora addressing the two major markets for GNSS-based applications: Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Location–Based Services (LBS). Other domains such as aviation, maritime transport or agriculture will be addressed too.
The main objectives of each User Forum will be to:
• Federate the user community of GNSS stakeholders comprising the whole value chain;
• Encourage this user community to cooperate in order to collect, consolidate and share views and formulate requirements;
• Issue advice and recommendations to the GSA and the European Commission on technical issues, business development, regulation and standardisation;
• Promote innovation and increase awareness of European GNSS Programmes and applications;
• Become, beyond the project, an interlocutor vis-à-vis the GSA, the EC and other authorities.
A permanent user Interface platform called ‘Open GNSS Service Interface Forum’ will be set up by SUNRISE to support User Fora and will be operated during the 3-year duration of the project.
In addition to the natural exchange of information and increase of awareness of each user community through the User Fora, specific promotional and dissemination actions will be carried out and will, among others, feed the EGNOS and future Galileo Web Portals.
The Consortium is lead by FDC which has a sound experience in GNSS and European project management. It covers all the application domains with ERF, ETSI and bavAIRia (ENCADRE) as well as innovation and business development with EBN (ESINET) and CHTECH. It is well connected to major European networks such as NEREUS, OREGIN and Galileo Services. It will liaise with university networks via GRACE.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions
06921 Sophia Cedex
47180 Castelnau Sur Gupie