The key aim of the proposed project is to stimulate policy intervention focused on raising levels of R and D investment in four regions across Europe.
These four regions consist of Yorkshire and the Humber in the UK, the Western Turkish region from Istanbul (inclusive) to the Greece and Bulgarian borders of Turkey, East Macedonia and Thrace (including Thessaloniki) in Greece, and the South Eastern Bulgarian region from Sofia (inclusive) to the border with Greece and Turkey, including also the Bulgarian Black Sea region.
The choice of regions represents an opportunity to build upon inter-regional cooperation and linkages that already exist between the regions and the proposed project partners. The key objectives of the project are:
- To formalise policies with regional and national government aimed at improving levels of R and D investment by businesses, government and higher education.
- To develop a range of benchmarking and scorecard instruments tailored to the regions in which they are operationalised.
- To catalyse the cross-fertilisation and transfer of relevant policies and strategies across the participating regions.
- To establish a regional mutual learning platform for promoting the trans-national exchange of practices for enhancing regional R and D investment.
- To establish robust and sustainable R and D Investment Strategies for each of the participating regions.
The project will undertake an analysis at both the regional and SME level of existing knowledge and intellectual assets, and the successful exploitation of intellectual assets and the interlinked drivers upon which they are dependent.
These drivers consist of the linkage of R and D investment with the use for example of information systems, technology acquisition, and HR practices such as employee training.
This project will establish models to take account of both knowledge asset outcomes and drivers, in attempting to depict a holistic and integrated value-driver map.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call