The central goal of EcoArm2ERA is to reinforce the international research cooperation between Armenian leading institute in environmental and ecological studies CENS and ERA in the critically important areas, specifically FP7 Themes as Environment, KBBE and Space (e.g. GIS technologies for environment)). This goal will be attained through pursuit of the following specific objectives:
• Objective1: To define and promote a sustainable development strategy for the Armenian CENS focusing on the overall improvement of the institution’s capacities, visibility, and competitiveness.
• Objective 2: To develop a strategic partnership between CENS and (i) the School of Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy, Earth Sciences Institute, University College Dublin (NUID UCD), and (ii) the Institute of Environmental Sciences, University of Geneva (UNIGE). To build a CENS’ capacity to acquire and carry out international collaborative research partnerships.
• Objective 3: To build the competencies needed by Armenian researchers and staff members in order to participate in the FP7/FP8 programme.
EcoArm2ERA brings together top-level partners from both ERA and Armenia: CENS created with the mission to integrate the Armenian research capabilities in the field of environment and sustainable development. CENS will be main beneficiary of the project. CENS will be directly supported through its European twinning partners: NUID UCD – Earth Sciences Institute of the University College Dublin and Institute of Environmental Sciences, University of Geneva, who will provide and open up their scientific and networking capabilities and serve as strategic link to the European RTD community. Last but not least, the consortium is accomplished by GIRAF (a specialist training provider and project management expert with expertise in institutional development and organisation).
Field of science
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /natural sciences/earth and related environmental sciences/environmental sciences
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions