The project goals are to study, develop, and verify new approaches for achieving sustainable assembly for European SMEs. The academic partners have already proposed a new theoretical approach which is to be developed into a feasible industrial approach and validated through the course of the project.
The approach is called Evolvable Assembly Systems (E.A.S.) and is to be industrialised within a real industrial scenario with IntRoSys SA, a Portuguese SME. The second goal of the project is to ensure that new knowledge, methods, and tools are exchanged between the academic partners and industry. The partners will also strive to form synergies between this project and other national and 6th Framework Integrated Projects.
The topic will require a multi-disciplinary approach, which is also the core issue of the adopted approach, E.A.S.
- Create a strategic partnership between IntRoSys SA and selected EU academic and research departments, primarily KTH, EPFL, UNINOVA and UNOTT.
- Exchange knowledge and experienced researchers, during and beyond the course of the proposed project, to form a core competence group in the given subject.
- Development of knowledge and application know-how, for the application, verification and update of new approaches for agile assembly, within academia and industry.
- Combining new IT solutions to novel assembly system development methodologies (inter-sectorial).
- Produce a lasting collaboration which stretches beyond the given set of partners, both locally (to other personnel of partners) and externally (collaboration with other European and national projects).
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call