"The main aim of the START-UP proposal is to explore the determinants of most importance for the start-up process and its impact on new-created companies’ growth intentions. The main objective will be achieved by realization of additional aims:
- identification of the role of human, financial and social capital in the start-up process and their impact on growth;
- identification of the most important elements of human, financial and social capital for the start-up process and growth intentions;
- comparison of strength and direction of this influence, to identify the crucial factors in the entrepreneurial process;
- building a model of new-company creation with the highest growth intentions.
Fostering entrepreneurship is one of the main objectives of European Policy, by taking action in favour of both existing and potential entrepreneurs. The results of the project will provide knowledge about the factors influencing the start-up process and growth intentions which are very useful in better matching entrepreneurship policy tools with real needs of high growth intentioned nascent entrepreneurs. A model of new-company creation based on highest growth intention will also be helpful for venture capital funds to select and support these nascent entrepreneurs with the highest opportunities for growth.
Originality and innovative nature of the project result from the following:
- joining the economical, psychological, and geographical approaches in one research project by introducing the financial, human and social capital as determinants of start-up process and growth intentions;
- joining the factors influencing start-up process with growth intentions;
- joining qualitative research methods (survey, case studies, in-depth interviews) and quantitative ones (panel data, time series), meaning that results will cover a wider range of perspectives and be credible;
- comparison of the results for United Kingdom and Poland."
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call