Although international competition is becoming more and more severe and capricious consumers demand innovative products, RTD investments in the food sector have remained relatively low over the last decade. This project aims to increase the volume and effectiveness of these investments by regional policies.
This network of emerging food regions aims at the development of strategies, tools and policies to increase regional investments in RTD. The European Food and Drink industry represents one of the largest manufacturing sectors in Europe. FINE starts with comparing the profiles of the participating regions by regional SWOT-analysis, mostly based on already available data, experiences and templates. Based upon the comparison and recommendations, each region will define a new strategy to stimulate RTD investments in its food cluster.
The good and bad practises will be translated to recommendations for regional, national as well as European policy makers in general. Finally regional profiles, ambitions and strategies will be translated into ten interregional RTD projects in food. Each participant will further communicate and sink in the strategic recommendations with all regional stakeholders (universities, policy makers, companies etc.) and at the same time develop interregional projects in line with the developed regional RTD strategy.
Concrete results of FINE will be:
1. Shared best practices, regional strategies, policy recommendations and policy tools to stimulate regional investments in RTD in general and in the food regions within FINE in particular.
2. An action programme for Europe's hotspots in the field of food RTD and innovation with ten interregional projects to increase investments in RTD.
3. A long term collaboration between the regional actors in the field of food related RTD with an aim to: a. Benefit from each other complementarities b. Promote the formation of the European Research Area.
Field of science
- /medical and health sciences/health sciences/public and environmental health
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action