The main objective of the NAWADES project is to study, design, produce, and test new water desalination filter technology from four points of view:
1. the structure of multi-layer membrane filter, including UV light distributed by glass fibers inside the membrane stack
2. the materials used to build the filter, including fouling and scaling monitoring
3. the coating treatments applied to the surface of the filter using plasma and nano-TiO2 fibers
4. the filtration process with integrated removal of bio-fouling.
The new filter technology shall provide long-life and antifouling filters to be used in Reverse Osmosis (RO) water desalinisation processes with a higher efficiency and life-time, less energy consumption (lower pressure), and less maintenance (lower cost).
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/fibers
- /engineering and technology/chemical engineering/separation technologies/desalination/reverse osmosis
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP - Collaborative project (generic)