"FYR Macedonia is experiencing constrains in relation to science, technology and innovation, similar to those of the other South Eastern European countries. This in turn prevents developing a strong research community and environment. Thus, this project aims to enhance public recognition of researchers and scientists, celebrate the fruits of their work, stimulate interest in research among wide non-academic audience including youth and encourage consideration of research and basic science as a profession. The specific objectives of the project are:
• To depict the researchers as ordinary people who perform extraordinary jobs that fuel our society ahead;
• To bring the profile of the researcher and the scientist in the Macedonian society closer tothe “ordinary” Macedonian people, through general awareness campaign and by involvement of important R&D stakeholders in the Researchers’ night activities;
• To present the wider public the role of science and research in the societal and economic development of the country;
• To explain science concepts to children and youth in activities which will provide fun, competition, creativity and education;
• To enhance youth’s understanding of science and research and prop up thinking of how they can contribute to the societal development in future, through a series of scientific activities, including showcases of scientists and their work and how have these impacted the societal development;
• To involve the academic community in a series of specific activities, including conducting, funding and publishing research.
In achieving those objectives, the project will target wide audience and involve a variety of stakeholders within Macedonian society."
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call