Egypt faces a strong demand for modernisation of their industrial sectors. Effective use of water is one of the most important activities for the sustainable society. The methodology of advanced water treatment is used in the European industry in production processes in line of EU directives. In Egypt there is a need for both theoretical and practical training of the target groups (researchers, governmental people and industrial companies) to increase the building capacity for technology transfer.
One of the core activities in this project is therefore to introduce the technologies and the dissemination to the regions. The methodology will be implemented in at least five manufacturing companies. The project aim is to demonstrate, in full scale, solutions minimising the use of water in the production process and treatment of wastewater in a sustainable way.
This will be achieved by demonstrating the methodology in three pilot cases for different companies. Results of the project will also be presented for a larger number of stakeholders and spread to other regions. This will give a base for improvements in the Egyptian industrial production and the regions towards sustainable development.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/earth and related environmental sciences/hydrology
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/fossil energy/coal
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/inorganic chemistry/metals
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/waste treatment processes/recycling
- /engineering and technology/chemical engineering/separation technologies/desalination/reverse osmosis
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/crystals
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call