Evaluating EC communication and dialogue developed so far on nanoscience and nanotechnology (N&N) is crucial to identify future areas for improvement. Measuring the effectiveness of these efforts is still a relatively new field, and emerging evaluation techniques are grappling with how to deal with.
Under a comprehensive (formative, process, outcome and impact) evaluation focus, Com’N&N proposes the following specific objectives to be achieved:
1. Gathering data and evidence that guided the design of the N&N communication and dialogue actions, including information on ways that was shaped;
2. Measuring N&N communication and dialogue’s implementation and how planned activities have been carried out;
3. Measuring shorter term changes in beliefs, attitudes and behavior within the target audiences after exposure to N&N communication and dialogue activities;
4. Identifying longer-term effects of behavior that can be made after exposure to the N&N communication and dialogue activity.
The following measurable results will be achieved by Com’N&N:
• List of 25 indicators covering the spectrum of focus;
• List of 7.500 potential surveyed participants
• Obtaining approx. 15% of participants (1.150) completing the 10-15 minutes web survey;
• Sample of 100 interviewees covering most of the 160 matrix segments among type of messages + communication vehicles + audience target;
• Combined use of analytical techniques: concatenation, statistics and SWOT;
• Recommendations based on 10 case studies and good practices of communication efforts carried out during the period 2008-2011;
• Dissemination of 75 paper final evaluation report; 500 leaflets promoting evaluation of communication efforts in N&N and recognizing a selection of case studies and good practices; and, 500 visitors of the website having downloaded at least 1 public deliverable.
This proposal is submitted by independent, specialized consultancies ensuring a neutral approach from stakeholders interest.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions