The strategic objective of GLOBALCHANGE-TV is to contribute to the development of public awareness on European Global Change and Ecosystems research in all European countries through television media.
This objective will be reached through the following activities:
- Pilot an innovative media-driven TV communication model for the Global Change and Ecosystems Priority projects.
- Fill the existing communication gap between the technical content vehiculed by the Global Change and Ecosystems research and the understanding skills of the general public
- Identify the key results of the Global Change and Ecosystems Priority, through the permanent consultation of its relevant constituencies (including the Commission Services and an in-depth punctual research towards individual Global Change and Ecosystems projects.
- Create a series of a minimum of 10 high-quality free-of-rights Video News Releases (VNRs) for the general public on the basis of the key results of the research.
- Include GLOBALCHANGE-TV audiovisual productions into the scientific and news TV broadcasting mainstreams of major national TV channels in all 25 EU countries.
- Collect actual broadcasts made by European TV stations and include them on a DVD at the end of the project, for future use and exploitation.
- Monitor the progress of the project and assess its achievements and success, by assessing the overall media impact of the project.
The expected, measurable results of the GLOBALCHANGE-TV project are:
- To have each of its audiovisual production broadcast by at least 8 major national TV stations throughout Europe.
- To reach an overall public TV audience of several tens of millions people.
- To track as many broadcasts as possible and to retrieve, for each broadcast, broadcasters' edit.
- To provide a measure of the overall media impact of the project.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action