The proposed project is in the field of Particle and Nuclear Physics, and focuses on the following topics:
(i) An elaborate study of high density (and nonzero temperature) QCD. The aim is to understand better the strong interactions and the phase diagram of QCD.
(ii) The study of the properties of neutron stars with a core of quark matter, such as cooling mechanisms, equation of state and pulsar glitches. The aim is to propose clean signatures for the existence of super-conducting quark matter inside neutron stars, that will enable astrophysicists to observe them.
(iii) The study of new limits of QCD that is speculated to be equivalent to sectors of Super Yang Mills theory.
(iv) The study of new walking Technicolor theories that are not ruled out and their cosmological implications.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesphysical sciencestheoretical physicsparticle physicsparticle accelerator
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomystellar astronomyneutron stars
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesnuclear physics
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomyastrophysicsdark matter
- natural sciencesphysical sciencestheoretical physicsparticle physicsquarks
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call