BENEFISH will explore the benefits and costs of welfare measures in aquaculture production systems. Our strategy is to define a widely applicable set of operational welfare actions and indicators that can be connected to measurable consequences in production and extended to effects on value chain and changes in consumer perception. BENEFISH will produce a scientific basis for comparing biological effects and monetary influences of various welfare measures by developing a high-level decision analysis model.
The main objectives of BENEFISH are:
1) using a set of widely applicable operational welfare indicators, define relationships between selected welfare control measures and their consequences for production, quality and consumer perception,
2) estimate the costs and benefits of potential welfare control measures and their documentation through case studies,
3) develop a decision analysis model allowing comparison between various welfare control measures on the basis of their biological and monetary consequences.
Fields of science
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economicsproductivity
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata science
- agricultural sciencesagriculture, forestry, and fisheriesfisheries
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental scienceshydrology
- social sciencessociologydemographymortality
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project