The RTD4EDC project is focussed on the implementation of renewable technologies in emerging and developing countries (EDCs).
A team of 4 experienced partners based in Europe (Belgium/The Netherlands), and in Emerging and Developing Countries (Paraguay, Sou th Africa and India) aims at providing:
1 Clear 'recipes' for future RTD&D activities for the European Commission, based on a better understanding of: - The potential impact of EU RTD&D activities (relative to possible other policy options) on the share of renewables in EDCs - The relation of EU RTD&D activities with best and worst practices of implementation of renewables in EDCs - The possibilities of EU RTD&D activities to promote EU renewables industry in EDCs.
2 Increased opportunities for European renewables industry to export to EDCs due to:
- a better understanding of export potentials to EDCs;
- an increased awareness of the possibilities for implementing renewables in EDCs;
-(when implemented) RTD&D policy activities supporting the industries activities. For executing the project, the project team will use the following methodologies:
- General information gathering and desk research;
- 50 In depth interviews with experts and stakeholders;
- Survey (sample of 200) for evaluation of export potential and effective RTD&D policies;
- Assessment of the role of RTD&D activities;
- Analysis of 75 best and worst practices;
- Confronting, integrating and synthesising of findings; - Organisation of a workshop for validation of results and recommendations. The main output of the project will include reports on the above-mentioned results, but also a website fully disclosing all gathered data, information and results.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action