CESSA consists in creating and managing a energy policy European forum. It aims at contributing to an economically feasible, socially acceptable and environmentally friendly energy policy in the EU. CESSA involves high-level decision-makers from industry and business as well as from public authorities and European and international organisations. Committed Stakeholders of CESSA (48 in total) include inter alia 10 national regulatory authorities and 2 international energy organisations; 5 transmission system operators or associations of energy infrastructure; 4 associations of energy consumers; 14 large European energy companies and 6 associations of energy companies. CESSA groups more than 20 experts or first-ranked scholars who are also experienced with policy assessment and expertise in more than15 countries.
To nurture the forum, the leading CESSA research institutions will address the following issues:
(i) Nuclear Contribution to EU Energy, Environment and Security Needs
(ii) Economic Mechanisms and Policy Guidance for Sustaining a Robust Development of European Gas Supply
(iii) Barriers and Prospects towards a European Hydrogen Economy
(iv) Coordinating Security of Supply in the EU. For all those issues, CESSA will review the existing national and international studies, will point out the costs of the lack of a coordinated energy policy in Europe, will identify where there is room to develop such cooperative actions, and will draw guidelines for implementing them.
In doing so, CESSA will deliver a contribution to the "Strategic EU Energy Review" announced in the March 2006 Green Paper "Energy Strategy for Europe"
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/fossil energy/natural gas
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/electrochemistry/electrolysis
- /social sciences/political science/political policy/public policy
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/nuclear energy
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electrical engineering/power engineering/electric power generation
- /engineering and technology/other engineering and technologies/nuclear engineering
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call