To meet the objectives of the Researchers Night 2006, the following six types of activities will be organized on 22nd of September in the frame of the 10th edition of the Warsaw Science Festival:
- A professor with a group of his/her young co-workers will perform a fragment of their basic research, with the active participation of the public. This should show the subject and character of a working day of the researcher.
- A professor and his/her assistant will prepare various demonstrations accompanying academic lectures in experimental physics, with the active participation of groups of visitors. This should show the educational aspects of the researcher's profession.
- A researcher in the field of applied sciences will present examples of her/his activity. This should show, that behind many public services there exists science and scientists.
- Young researchers - why they do it, in spite of their bad financial situation in Poland?
- Visitors are invited by researchers to science cafes to meet and discuss pre-selected, also controversial topics. The results of scientific research, the potential benefit and limitations, should be understood by all of us. We must also confront the possible dangers which may result from their improper use.
- Special programs dedicated to two selected groups (journalists and school teachers) showing faces and passion of researchers.
Both groups are crucial in creating a better environment for researchers within the society. In addition to scientific activity each of the researchers will also present personal interests and hobbies. The Internet Festival Newsletter and Academic Radio will present short interviews with researchers participating in this event.
Forms: workshops, demonstrations, scientific cafes, Internet Festival Newsletter, radio program. All activities will be open to the general public.
Special targets: journalists, school teachers, teenagers.
Entry: free of charge.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call