The proposed network of excellence aims to establish a knowledge base for an intelligent design of functional andnanoscale soft matter composites. It will do so in overcoming the present 2 fold fragmentation of this extremely important field for the development of new materials at the interface of non-living and living matter where the delicate self-organizing principles of polymeric, amphiphilic and colloidal matter are ubiquitous. At present the field is fragmented along the disciplinary lines of theoretical and experimental physics, computer simulation, chemistry and applied biology. On the other hand we are witnessing another fragmentation following the material structures themselves in terms of polymers, colloids, surfactants, membranes and biopolymers. The overriding concern ofSoftComp is to overcome this 2-fold fragmentation in the creation of a virtual interdisciplinary research centre dealing jointly with the manifold of soft matter materials. This unleashes a range of exciting and intelligently designed hybrid materials and structures. The network unites the very best European research groups from the traditionally separated soft matter fields. It furthermore connects these academic groups with a sizeable fraction of Europe's most important industry dealing with such materials. All participants have already a track record in collaboration between disciplines ensuring the success of Soft Comp. By working on both materials and disciplinary axes of fragmentation, the leading researchers represented by Soft Comp will create an integrated team that is enabled to activate the European potential in soft matter composite materials and to disseminate excellence in extensive training and knowledge transfer schemes.'
- sciences naturellessciences chimiquesscience des polymères
- ingénierie et technologieingénierie des materiauxcomposites
- sciences naturellessciences physiquesphysique de la matière condenséephysique de la matière molle
- sciences naturellesmathématiquesmathématiques appliquéesmodèle mathématique
- ingénierie et technologiegénie chimique
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Appel à propositions
Voir d’autres projets de cet appel
Régime de financementNoE - Network of Excellence