With an overall objective of developing low-emission transport systems for European cities, the specific objectives of the project 'ZERO REGIO' are:
- Use of hydrogen as an alternative motor fuel, produced as primary or waste stream in a chemical plant or via on-site production facilities
- Development of infrastructure systems for alternative motor fuels (bio-fuels & hydrogen) and integrating them in conventional refuelling stations
- Adaptation and demonstration of 700 bar refuelling technology for hydrogen
- Demonstration of high blends of bio-fuels in fuel flexible vehicles
- Demonstration of alternative fuels via. automobile-fleet field tests at two different urban locations in the EU, Rhein-Main, Germany and Lombardia, Italy
- Showing ways and prospects for faster penetration of low-emission alternative motor fuels in the market at short and medium term.
Fuel sources are available at locations near the envisaged refuelling stations.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project
Frankfurt Am Main