The main objectives of the PYTHEAS project are to create support and stimulate the Greek Mobility Centres Network as part of the European Network of Mobility Centres (ERAMORE). This will be reached by developing an organized structure, offering global and integrated services of information and proximity assistance to researchers in matters such as, entry conditions, visas, work permits, recognition of diplomas, job opportunities, salaries, taxation, pension rights, health care, social security, accommodation, day care, schooling, language courses, and access to the culture of the host country.
A consortium composed by CERTH as the coordinator and 9 partners representing both academia and industry and all Greek regions is running the project. The project will implement the following activities in order to reach the objectives:
- Setting up of a national network of Mobility Centres
- Providing tools and training for the effective running of the network
- Developing a national Mobility Portal to be linked to the European Portal,
- Developing information material for the target groups
- Developing cooperations with information providers including political stakeholders
- Organizing an awareness-raising campaign about the national and European initiatives to promote researchers' mobility.
Evaluation mechanisms are foreseen to ensure a proper follow-up of the project. A five-year sustainability plan will be elaborated with a view to guaranteeing the operation of the network after the funding period of three years. The expected results of the project are a significant contribution in overtaking the difficulties that will arise from the various mobility obstacles, the enhancement of the National mobility policy and in addition the added value to ERAMORE and to the expansion of the European Portal.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
Paradissos Amaroussiou, Athens
Heraklion , Crete