Research objectives: Individual research project:
- To gain understanding in the role of education and particularly that of history and geography in the nation-building politics of one young West-European states (Ireland) and on e new East-European state (Ukraine); Project on education, identity and social cohesion (EISC):
- To make a substantial contribution to an international project on education, identity and social cohesion, which is headed by Andy Green, prof, of comparative education.
(1) Carrying out a study of secondary sources on the education systems in the aforementioned countries and performing in-depth case studies of Ukraine and Ireland (individual project) and
(2) develop the research framework, analyse public opinion data sets, carry out a questionnaire survey in Ukraine and write cross-country thematic chapters (EISC project).Relevance to Structuring ERA objectives; Both projects will enhance the exchange of ideas, disciplinary perspectives, competencies and research methods between East and West-European researchers and contribute to the fine-tuning of their research agendas.
2. Personal objectives:
- to improve my existing research competencies.
(1) thematic expertise,
(2) methods of research,
(3) publishing research findings and
(4) teaching and supervision;- to acquire a number of new skills.
(1) organising and participating in international research projects and
(2) disseminating the research findings to a wider audience.
(1) making use of the institute and apos;s extensive research facilities (such as its library and the courses of its doctoral training programme),
(2) teaching courses to Ph.D students,
(3) asking feed back from the institute and apos;s experienced researchers
(4) carrying out the individual research project, and last but not least by participating in the EISC project.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call