The environment in which modern organizations operate is undergoing a major paradigm shift fuelled by the pervasiveness of ICT and the increasing popularity of social computing. An ever-growing number of organizations are adopting a model of social business, making active use of social media to communicate and engage with key stakeholders. The new social business mindset is redefining many aspects of organizational operations, including how organizations perceive knowledge management. A new, social model of knowledge management (social KM) is becoming increasingly prevalent. Focus is increasingly shifting away from how to best capture and allow access to knowledge, into how to enable knowledge-generating interactions between individuals in the most effective way. In parallel, cloud computing presents new opportunities for developing and provisioning organizational support systems which are always available and facilitate economies of scale.
In line with these developments, KnowHow aims to demonstrate a novel Knowledge Management Platform as a Service (KM-PaaS) environment for social business applications, and to prepare the ground for its commercial exploitation.
The four main objectives of the KnowHow project are:
1. To analyze the social business market environment and to assess the commercialization opportunities for a novel KM-PaaS offering.
2. To carry out scale-up activities critical to achieve industrial-grade strength for the KnowHow KM-PaaS, and to implement four new technological solutions based on the platform.
3. To validate the KnowHow KM-PaaS through trials in the domains of collaborative innovation, social enterprise, supply chain networking, and social media marketing.
4. To develop business plans and marketing strategies supporting the participating SMEs in commercializing the KnowHow KM-PaaS and the results of the trials.
The KnowHow consortium consists of 5 partners from 4 EU member states: Germany, Greece, United Kingdom, and Italy.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call