The objective of this project is to regroup a cluster of private and academic laboratories supported by key manufacturers from both aeronautic, automotive and railway sectors in order to investigate the possibility to benchmark specific composites :
• from the aeronautics. Depending on the application targeted, the cluster will be able to take advantage of the mutual return on experiment in order to identify the safety requirements for the new materials and detect the most suitable range of composite material.
• From automotive process: able to produce the composite parts in order to develop the final structure at acceptable cost, keeping rentability of composite industry.
• From Railways process : for the standards and norms, which are harmonized at the European level
The scientific focus of the MADMAX project is the joint effort concentrating on those scientific and technical items with interdisciplinary topics: material science, interactive materials, simulation, composites and sensoring for :
- Development of high performance functionalized materials to 3D complex preforms
- Development of automonous system to monitor the composites structures, incorporation of sensors inside the preforms
- Development of standards to qualify the composites and the durability
- Development of model for fundamental understanding of the structure/property relationship with advanced simulation tools
The ultimate goals is to insure the the development of highly innovative textile processes and high performance flexible materials with significant improvement of mechanical behavior and integrated functions, e.g. structural health monitoring and self-healing for composites structures.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions