Towards Europe 2020, European Commission adopted a comprehensive innovation strategy to enhance Europe's capacity to deliver smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. This strategy concerns the so called concept of Smart Specialization Strategy.
By itself, sounds a challenging task, but it is of crucial importance, especially for less advanced regions. According to this concept, each region must set its own innovation priorities and streamline public funds in those technological fields, where certain advantages and thus exploitation prospects exist.
This is the challenge INCOMERA partners decided to take up by answering those three objectives:
1. To detect and financially support NMP research results likely to provide solutions for innovative products, processes or services,
2. To analyse and assess the lessons from the measures taken and supported in various Member States to exploit transform research results,
3. To provide operational guidance for supporting efficiently the successive steps between research and innovation, paying particular attention to the use of European Regional Development Funds (ERDF), in the context of Smart Specialization Strategies.
INCOMERA is composed of 22 extremely experienced partners (including the associated partner), 13 countries and 11 regions, planning to:
- Develop all synergy required for supporting SME's transnational/regional cooperation, within the context of each region's smart specialization strategy for enhancing the commercialization/productivity plans of NMP consortia,
- Launch an Online Platform for innovation providing tailored made services to NMP research projects that reached TRL4,
- Launch three joint calls for proposals to fund innovative industrial research projects close to the market.
Field of science
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions
15706 Santiago De Compostela